If you’re a blueberry lover, this delicious Classic Blueberry Sour Cream Pound Cake is for you. It’s a moist, dense, buttery pound cake packed with plump, juicy blueberries. Bake this cake for dessert or even breakfast
Classic Blueberry Sour Cream Pound Cake
If you’re a blueberry lover, this delicious Classic Blueberry Sour Cream Pound Cake is for you. It’s a moist, dense, buttery pound cake packed with plump, juicy blueberries. When blueberries are not on hand or are in-season why not use frozen Blueberries? Frozen fruits & veggies are picked and packaged when in season.
Living in upstate New York we get to enjoy picking and eating fresh blueberries. That is of our kids favorite past time. My little Emily could pick a bush clean in a matter of 10 minutes. We call her the “pick-o-nator”. You can always tell when we had a day outside picking, hands and faces are covered. Such FUN!!
This Classic Blueberry Sour Cream Pound Cake just melts in your mouth and is full of refreshing delicious flavor. My family could not stop raving about it. In fact….we got away with eating it for breakfast. Desserts can be breakfast too! Right? Well, it was a very special morning for us.
In case you are in need of a new tube pan, here is the one I used for this recipe. It is one of my favorite baking pans. It cleans up nice and I have had mine for a long long time.
Let’s Get Baking
It is a really easy cake to make and it doesn’t require any fancy ingredients. Just your normal baking staples that you probably already have in the pantry. And the cake is baked in a bundt pan and lightly dusted with powdered sugar before serving so it looks way fancier than it really is.
This Blueberry Sour Cream Pound Cake is something I make several times every spring and summer. As soon as the blueberries start looking juicy and delicious, I make this cake. And then I have it for breakfast every day until it’s gone because, for some reason, I have myself convinced that pound cake is an acceptable breakfast food.
It does contain fruit right?
Classic Blueberry Sour Cream Pound Cake Recipe
- Vegetable Spray
- 1 ¾ cups All-Purpose Flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 4 eggs, at room temp
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 1 ½ cup frozen (Thawed) blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray tube pan with vegetable spray and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl combine flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Mix until incorporated
- In a separate bowl using a stand mixer, cream butter, vanilla, and sugar. Mix for 2 minutes until fluffy. Once combined scrape down sides and add in eggs. Mix for another 2 minutes.
- Using spatulaadd in dry ingredients in batches to wet ingredients while mixing on low speed. Once combined, gently hand stir in blueberries.
- Transfer batter to prepared tube pan. Bake until golden brown. Using a tester insert in the center comes out clean. Bake for 60 minutes.
- Cool for 15 minutes prior to removing from pan. Place on serving and serve when completely cool.