Love a good and Easy Halloween Spider Cookies – These spiders are made from Oreo cookies and edible candy eyes. Perfect Halloween party food! You are going to love these yummy cookies.
Halloween Spider Cookies Recipe
Spooky never tasted so sweet— Don’t you just love getting into the spirit of Halloween fun. Believe me your friends, kids and co-workers will love these sweet treats.
These Spooky Spider Oreo Halloween Cookies are simple to make. Who doesn’t just love easy? I sure do! In addition to the normal “Chocolate chips,” you will be incorporating crushed Oreo cookies to the batter.
The best part of all is getting the kids involved in making these spooky cookies. Hand them a bag filled with cookies and allow them to smash, crush and enjoy. I actually like to use my meat tenderizing mallet for this job. I, of course, use the flat end.
You can certainly find fun things to crush your cookies with… like heavy cups, wooden building blocks, etc. Just be aware that your bags may break open as mine did below. It is very easy to have “TOO MUCH” fun crushing cookies.
Let’s Get Started
Like I initially said, this first part is a whole lot of fun. Grab those Oreo cookies, place in a plastic food bag and get that meat tenderizer ready. Crush those cookies up. I let my kids have at it.
Next, pull out that mixing bowl. Cream together butter, brown sugar, sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
In a second bowl, mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
Now grab your bowl with your wet ingredients back out. You are now going to want to add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and combine.
To complete the cookie dough batter, you will now add the Oreos and the white chocolate chips to the batter and mix well. I can hear these Halloween spider cookies calling my name!! Okay, if spiders talked. 😉
Doesn’t this cookie dough look delicious?
My family loves extra-large cookies. To avoid the cookie batter to spread on a cookie sheet into one giant cookie we like to use a whoopie pie pan. This does help so much and you get nice looking cookies.
Just about complete. These cookies are starting to come together. The last piece is simply adding in the spooky eyeballs. I used these Wilton Candy Eyes. Halloween Spider Cookies – perfect party treat.
Hope you and your family have fun making these cookies as much as ours does.
Halloween Spider Cookies Recipe
- ¾ cup softened
- ¾ cup of sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2½ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- A sandwich bag filled with Oreos, coarsely crushed (I used about 12)
- 12 oz bag white chocolate chips
- Extra Oreo cookies
- Black decorating gel
- Candy eyes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or use non-stick spray. We like giant cookies so we used a whoopie-pie pan.
- In a bowl, mix together butter, brown sugar, sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- In a second bowl, mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and combine.
- In a sandwich bag, crush the Oreos. You don’t want them to be finely crushed, you want to have chunks of Oreo in your cookies!
- Add the Oreos and the white chocolate chips to the batter and mix well.
- You will want the cookies to be large enough to hold an Oreo spider. We used a whoopie-pie pan on one batch and the other we used a large ice cream scoop.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until they just begin to brown. Let them cool completely on the cookie sheet.
- Once the cookies are cool, use the decorating gel to ‘glue’ on an Oreo to the center of each cookie.
- Add a dot of decorating gel to the back of each of the candy eyes and stick it into place. And 8 gel spider legs finish your cookie.