This is the ULTIMATE trio: Bananas, Sea Salt & Caramel frosting. Such a delicious combination for a cupcake. Get ready to hang on to your will power.
Banana Cupcakes With Salted Caramel Frosting
This is the ULTIMATE trio: Bananas, Sea Salt & Caramel frosting. Such a delicious combination. Can you say Banana Cupcakes with Salted Caramel Frosting.. Yes, Yes I can. The key to this recipe is using ripe bananas. The closer the bananas are to “turning brown” the better. As the bananas turn the sweeter then become and the difference will make or break the sweetness of your cupcakes. You don’t want to end up with a bitter tasting cake from newly picked bananas.
Don’t forget the little sliced on banana on top it just completes the whole cupcake “outfit.” To cut my bananas into evenly sliced pieces I used my favorite banana slicer.
WARNING!!!! These are so amazingly delicious that you may not have enough will power to just eat one… If you can I completely applaud you. I certainly could not resist. The cupcakes are one of the moistest cupcakes I’ve made.
Don’t forget to use buttermilk. Don’t substitute. It is the key ingredient to mastering the moistest of these cupcakes.
Banana Cupcake Ingredients & Recipe
- 2 Large Bananas, ripe
- 1½ C Flour
- 3 TBSP corn starch
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¾ c Sugar
- ½ C unsalted butter ( room temp )
- ½ C buttermilk
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 eggs ( room temp )
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven at 350' degrees. Mix in a bowl add whisked flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt and mix together
- Using an electric stand mixer with the paddle, cream together sugar, butter and 1 Tbsp of the vegetable oil
- Add the egg and blend in egg whites
Salted Caramel Frosting Ingredients & Recipe
- Add powdered sugar to mixing bowl.
- Add softened sticks of butter
- Add vanilla
- Add 1 tbsp of milk
- add ¼ C melted Caramel
- Beat on low speed until powdered sugar, butter , vanilla and caramel is well mixed. Then move mixer up to medium-high speed. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl often. When completely mixed the frosting may appear dry. Add more milk, a little bit at a time until frosting is the proper is a thick stiffness feel.
Other Cupcake Recipes
Peanut Butter Cupcake with Chocolate Frosting