These vanilla cupcakes with fresh blueberry filling, just bursting with flavor. Fresh blueberries are used to make the tastiest homemade blueberry filling. Perfect use for fresh summer blueberries! Light, fluffy, and amazingly delicious!
These Vanilla Cupcakes with Fresh Blueberry Filling are just bursting with flavor. Topped with a light and lush whipped frosting and they’ll be a new favorite!
What better way to celebrate summertime with in-season fruit. There is nothing more imperative in a baker’s recipe collection than a basic, delicious vanilla cupcake recipe. In fact, I say exactly the same when it comes to cake baking. I have my favorite “base” that can be adjusted to any kind of flavoring.
Though by using frozen blueberries you could make them year-round! Trust me, after one taste – you’ll want to make them every chance you get. I find it easier to use fresh blueberries for texture purposes, but the taste will be exactly the same.
Vanilla Cupcakes with Fresh Blueberry Filling
Please note that you can print the recipes for the vanilla cupcakes with fresh blueberry filling and frosting below. Full list of ingredients included as well.
The combination of sweet blueberries, sweet vanilla, and buttery cake is out of this world! They are the perfect place for my favorite whipped frosting. If you love the light and airy frosting, this is a recipe you need.
How amazing does this fresh blueberry filling look? AND yes, you can just gobble it up with a spoon all by itself. This is one of my favorite blueberry filling for cupcakes.
It is super easy to make.
Garnish with a single, fresh blueberry – and you’ve got yourself one delicious cupcake. You can make these for just dessert at home (as a special treat) or your next get together. Either way, you make them, they will be a big hit.
If you need a fun carrier for transporting these cupcakes, this one is my favorite. You can carrier tall cakes, multiple cupcakes, and more. It is collapsible for easy storage as well. Get an A+ in my book. I have this exact one in blue.
Vanilla Cupcakes Recipe
Moist and fluffy vanilla cupcakes, perfect for parties, celebrations or just because. An easy dessert idea!
- 1/2 cup butter, room temp
- 2 egg whites, room temp
- 2 eggs, room temp
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcakes tins with paper liners.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in a medium bowl.
- In another bowl, beat butter on medium-high for 30 seconds.
- Add sugar and vanilla to the butter, beat until combined.
- Add egg whites and eggs, one at a time, beating well after each one is added.
- Alternate the flour and buttermilk mixture, beating on low speed until everything is mixed together.
- Scoop the batter into the lined cupcake tins until they are 2/3 rds filled.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Remove from cupcake tray and place on wire racks allowing to cool completely.
- Using a small spoon or a cupcake scoop make a small hole in the center of each cupcake. Don't make the hole completely through the cupcake bottom
- Fill the hole in the cupcake to the top of the baked and cooled cupcake with the blueberry filling
Fresh Blueberry Filling & Frosting for Cupcakes Recipe
The jammy blueberry filling is a sweet surprise inside each cupcake. Delicious and easy to make. This homemade blueberry filling recipe doesn’t have to have the fuss to be AMAZING.
- 1 cup soft unsalted butter
- 4 + cups powder sugar
- 4 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- **Blueberry Filling**
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of sugar
- 4 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Cream the butter and powder sugar until it looks light and creamy. If it doesn't cream add several drops of the heavy whipping cream until it creams.
- Test to see if the frosting can form and hold a stiff peak by taking a spoonful of frosting and turning the spoon upside down. If the frosting stays on the spoon it is ready if not then....
- Add more powder sugar 1/2 cup at a time.... mix well. Test to make sure that the frosting can make and hold a stiff peak. If ready scoop the frosting into a pastry bag with a large tip.
- Twist the open end of the pastry bag to push the frosting to the #15 tip.
- Start by frosting on the outside edge of the cupcake working to the center of the cupcake.
- ***Blueberry Filling Directions***
- In a large pot add blueberries, water, sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice. Bring to boil and stir. Reduce to heat to medium and constantly stir until blueberries are cooked and mixture is thick and clear. Fill cupcakes with cooled filled.
Other Tasty Cupcake Recipes