I love Orange soda and I love cupcakes. Why not combine the two… BOOM Orange Crush Soda Cupcakes. These are easy to make and yummy. This Is a simple recipe for cupcakes made from a can of soda.
Mmmmm!! Orange Crush soda brings me back to summer days as a child. I can remember drinking the only soda that my mom would allow and then head through the sprinkler. Oh, Memories!!! I almost feel like I am 10 years old again.
Just imagine how much fun and joy this recipe brought back. It seems that adding soda to baking is all the RAGE nowadays. I decided to give it a shot myself. I love orange and I love that this soda is caffeine free, which mean I can serve it to my kids and myself. And let ‘s not pretend there is anything remotely healthy about these cupcakes.
HMMMMM ….. a Sweet Treat…… After all, if you have one, they may just taste like having more. And then when your family stops stealing the cupcakes, grab yourself a glass of Crush and enjoy the fruit of your labor!
Ingredients and directions listed below. The first is for the cupcakes followed by the recipe for the frosting. Don’t forget to bookmark this recipe for later.
Let’s Get Baking
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare your cupcake pan with cupcake tins that you desire. Set aside.
Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl set aside.
Reduce speed to low and gradually add flour mixture, beat until combined. Add milk and the Crush soda and beat blended. Use an ice cream scooper or a big spoon and portion batter evenly into the cupcake tins.
Bake in the oven for 18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. When baked, set aside and let them cool while you prepare the icing.
Quality control is my favorite part of being a baker. So get that teaspoon ready, because you will need to taste test at least a few times this Orange Crush Soda Frosting. YUMMMM!!
Orange Crush Soda Cupcakes Recipe
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp fine salt
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 Cup Crush Soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare your cupcake pan with cupcake tins that you desire. Set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl set aside. Beat together butter and granulated sugar with a mixer on medium speed until combined. Add eggs and beat well, scrape the bowl when necessary. Reduce speed to low and gradually add flour mixture, beat until combined. Add milk and the Crush soda and beat blended.
- Use an ice cream scooper or a big spoon and portion batter evenly into the cupcake tins.
- Bake in the oven for 18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- When baked, set aside and let them cool while you prepare the icing.
Orange Crush Soda Frosting Recipe
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 tbsp of Crush soda
- 1 tbsp whipping cream
- Orange food coloring.
- In a mixer, using the whisk attachment, mix together sugar and butter. Mix on low speed until blended and then increase speed to medium beat for 3 more minutes.
- Add the Crush Soda and cream and continue to beat on medium speed for a few more minutes. Add in more powder sugar if necessary. Split icing in two. Add a few drops of orange to one bowl of the icing.
- Take a piping bag and a star tip. Fill one side of the piping bag with the orange colored icing and the white and pipe onto the cupcakes