Pretzel Dough like this easy recipe is perfect for making our Homemade Cinnamon Sticks! A great snack or dessert treat ready in minutes! Get this simple recipe.
This Soft Pretzel Dough is a perfect and easy snack to prepare. I love using it to make these Homemade Cinnamon Sticks for a quick snack or a tasty dessert! So easy, inexpensive, and perfect for everyone to enjoy. This recipe is what I like to call semi-homemade. We all need a few shortcuts in our lives. You will need to grab one of your favorite brands box pizza dough mix.
Soft Pretzel Dough Homemade Cinnamon Sticks
You can enjoy this soft pretzel dough made with basic bread ingredients. Finish them off with a little cinnamon and sugar. You can opt out of the cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle with some kosher salt and dip in your favorite mustard sauce too. The dipping sauces and ideas are endless.
Let’s get started.
Mix your pretzel dough according to package directions. Just a few additions (usually just water) and a drop of oil and baking soda added make the pretzel dough you need to mold these tasty treats.
The crumbly dough will come together with just a bit of kneading to form into a ball. Allow the ball of dough to rest for at least 10 minutes.
Form this dough into any shape you want. I like simple sticks for easy dipping and portions. So, I roll or pat out the dough into a loaf shape, then cut the sticks and roll them out. Place them on a silicone baking mat to prevent sticking in the oven!
I love making these as a fun dessert on pizza night. Cinnamon and sugar sprinkled on these is perfect for adding that sweetness you want, and you can even whip up a little powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla to make a dip or glaze! Kids will definitely fight over these, so make sure to have equal portions for sharing!
Soft Pretzel Dough Homemade Cinnamon Sticks Recipe
- 1 package of Pizza Dough Mix (box or pouch)
- Usually 52 cents at Walmart !!
- ½ cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- In a medium sized bowl, make the dough according to package instructions- only one simple
- step! Adding warm water to the dry ingredients from the package. In addition, add 1 teaspoon of
- baking soda. Mix well.
- Dough will seem crumbly and like it will not come together, it will. Use your hand to press down on
- the dough, then turn it over, press down again. Keep doing this until all the flour and crumbles are
- incorporated. Roll the dough between your hands into a ball. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Roll out and use as desired or cover with plastic and refrigerate for up to 1 week.
- To make the pretzels shown, simply preheat the oven to 375, roll the dough out into a rope. Cut to length.
- You will need a dish of ½ cup warm water and 2 teaspoons baking soda. Dip the dough sticks into this
- mixture before placing on a greased cookie sheet.
- The baking soda mixture gives the pretzel dough it's crunch and brown top.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Brush with butter, sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.