Pretzel Dough like this easy recipe is perfect for making our Homemade Cinnamon Sticks! If you are needing a quick and easy breakfast or dessert idea, these Homemade Cinnamon Sticks will be perfect. No Yeast Needed. In just a few minutes time, you can be enjoying them.
Soft Pretzel Dough Homemade Cinnamon Sticks
This Soft Pretzel Dough is a perfect and easy snack to prepare. I love using it to make these Homemade Cinnamon Sticks for a quick snack or a tasty dessert! So easy, inexpensive, and perfect for everyone to enjoy. This recipe is what I like to call semi-homemade. We all need a few shortcuts in our lives. You will need to grab one of your favorite brands’ box pizza dough mix.
You can enjoy this soft pretzel dough made with basic bread ingredients. Finish them off with a little cinnamon and sugar. You can opt-out of the cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle with some kosher salt and dip in your favorite mustard sauce too. The dipping sauces and ideas are endless.
Let’s get started.
Mix your pretzel dough according to package directions. Just a few additions (usually just water) and a drop of oil and baking soda added make the pretzel dough you need to mold these tasty treats.
The crumbly dough will come together with just a bit of kneading to form into a ball. Allow the ball of dough to rest for at least 10 minutes.
Form this dough into any shape you want. I like simple sticks for easy dipping and portions. So, I roll or pat out the dough into a loaf shape, then cut the sticks and roll them out. Place them on a silicone baking mat to prevent sticking in the oven!
I love making these as a fun dessert on pizza night. Cinnamon and sugar sprinkled on these are perfect for adding that sweetness you want, and you can even whip up a little powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla to make a dip or glaze! Kids will definitely fight over these, so make sure to have equal portions for sharing!
Soft Pretzel Dough Homemade Cinnamon Sticks Recipe
- 1 package of Pizza Dough Mix (box or pouch)
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Additional 2 tsp baking soda will be needed
- Preheat the oven to 375 Degrees. Grease baking sheet.
- In a medium-sized bowl, make the dough according to package instructions.
- Adding warm water to the dry ingredients from the package. In addition, add 1 teaspoon of baking soda. Mix well.
- The dough will seem crumbly. Continue to knead. Until all the flour is incorporated into the crumbles.
- Roll the dough between your hands into a ball. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- To make the pretzels. Take chunks of about 1 tablespoon and roll into 3-inch strips.
- Next in a small bowl mix 1/2 cup warm water and 2 teaspoons baking soda.
- Dip the rolled dough sticks into water mixture. (This mixture is what makes the pretzels crispy)
- Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Brush with butter, sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.