Learn how to give and get stuff with The Freecycle Network. Perfect way to get stuff but a great way to reuse an item that might have ended up in a landfill
The Freecycle Network – Give and Get Free Stuff
Heard the Saying “One Man’s Trash is another Treasure”? Have items that you would love to get rid of that are in still in good use? Don’t want the hassle of selling it? Or need a few things that you don’t want to spend money on? Try The Feecycle Network – Give and Get Free Stuff.
We all love saving money on items we buy – but getting stuff for free is even better. Freecycle is an on line non for profit network that provides unwanted items to others through a pass it on system. This program helps items from needlessly taking up space in a landfill. The concept of The Freecycle Network is quite simple: It’s a large network of people who give things they don’t need to people who want them.
It was started in 2003 by Deron Beal and at first, only 30-40 people (Deron Friends), now FreeCycle is in over 86 countries and has over 5,000 groups. Great Grass roots effort has now flourished.
There are so many great benifits to this program, but there is one con I have to let you know about. I find it more annoying than anything. Lots of Emails. The Freecycle Network operates by email and it will quickly fill up your inbox.
There are some things you’ll need to know before becoming a member of Freecycle;
- Must be a member to post items (membership is FREE)
- Don’t add any personal information to post for safety reasons.
- Just like any other buying/selling program, please don’t go alone to pick up items. Most people will do porch pick-ups, please use your discretion when picking up..
- When you’re offering items for other to pick up at your house, consider leaving the items outside, clearly labeled with the name of the person who is picking them up (if you feel comfortable with kind of pick-up).
- Each FreeCycle Group has its own set of rules. Please read them prior to posting.
- No advertising is allowed
Suggested Items to Request or Give Away on Freecycle:
- Cell Phones
- Sports Equipment
To Sign up to become a member, click here!!
Now you’re freecycling! It’s a simple, economical, emotionally rewarding and morally sound practice that can literally help save the Earth.
Freecycle performs many wonderful functions: building bonds and community, keeping material items from the landfills, and redeeming the clutter that consumes us by moving it forward to a new, productive life. I am so glad that you can be apart of these wonderful efforts.