Looking for a simple cookie that will ROCK the socks off your little goblins & ghouls? Why not try this easy no-bake Halloween Bat Cookies. Made from Nutter butter cookies. A super simple and fun Halloween treat or snack.
Easy No Bake Halloween Nutter Butter Bat Cookies
These Easy No-Bake Halloween Nutter Butter Bat cookies are just the cutest. Every Halloween party needs to feature these easy Halloween cookies that can be conjured up with minimal hands-on time. They are fun and festive. And the best part? No baking required. Yes, Ma’am! And it all start with affordable store-bought ingredients which make these even easier.
Additionally, they are less hassle than homemade versions, more fun and lighter on the wallet.
Decorating cookies for Halloween is a tradition in our house. These cookies are simple to make, and I do have to say would not be included as a Pinterest failed post. You will be able to feed your kids and their classmates with these cookies (granted, no allergies).
The bonus will help build memories together that will last a lifetime. Or at least fun memories that you’ll cherish forever.
But first, check your pantry for candy melts. You may already have some of these ingredients on hand. If you have candy melts, it will help make this recipe run a little smoother. If you don’t, however, no worries… you can also use melted chocolate chips with a little vegetable shortening, which helps the chocolate set and hardens. The latter always works well in a pinch.
Why you will love these Bat Cookies
- Easy to make – Just a few dips, added embellisments, and you have yourself some pretty awesome cookies.
- Budget Friendly – You only need a few affordable pantry ingredients to make these. All can be purchased at your local grocery store for just a few bucks.
- Kid-Friendly – The kids will love making these simple hands-on cookies. The messier the cookies the more customizable they become. No two will be alike.
- Great for all occasions – These cookies will be a big hit at your next Halloween bash, school party, or at home as a special treat.
Easy No-Bake Halloween Nutter Butter Bat Cookies Ingredients
Please note there is a printer-friendly version of the instructions listed below.
Miniature Reeses Peanut Butter Cups
White Decorating Gel
Now let’s get started. Your first step is to prep your bat face. Unwrap your Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. Then, using the decorating gel, place a dot on the back of the candy eyes.
Now you can attach two candy eyes to your bat’s face and set aside until later. I would get all your candy face completed for each bat cookie you will be creating. It will just be easier in the end. Think about starting an assembly line.
On to the best part – CHOCOLATE TIME
Melt the brown candy melts according to package instructions. Prepare your area by placing a sheet of parchment paper on your counter. Parchment paper is vital. You don’t want your melted chocolate coating to stick.
Quick tip: Crumble your piece of parchment paper like you would crumble up and throw out a piece of paper. Then unwrap it and spread it out smoothly. This helps it keep the corners down from unrolling. I like having control over my parchment paper.
Now you can dip the cookies into the brown candy melts and evenly coat to cover.
Next, lay the covered Nutter Butter cookie on the parchment paper.
Working quickly, place the Reese’s Cup in the middle of the cookie before the candy hardens.
Finally, add a smile using the decorating gel. Everyone deserves a happy bat. But you can allow the kiddos to decide on the facial expressions.
Allow the cookies to completely dry and harden. When you peel them off of the wax paper, there may be some extra chocolate that you can actually just pull off to clean up the look of the cookie.
And that’s it! Now you’re ready to enjoy a whole arsenal of Halloween Bat Cookies! Make as many as you wish. These will be great for a school party (granted no allergies) or a home Halloween party.
- Double or triple the recipe when serving a crowd.
- Have extras on hand. You can never be too careful when making these as a few cookies or peanut butter cups may end up being eaten.
- Add sugar sprinkles – Accessorize these with some festive colored sprinkles or shaped sprinkles like a bat, cat, pumpkin, etc.
- Store in an airtight container. Cookies can be stored up to a week in an airtight container. It is best kept in a cool dry area.
Easy No-Bake Halloween Nutter Butter Bat Cookies Recipe – Printer Friendly Instructions
- Dark brown candy melts
- Nutter Butter cookies
- Candy Eyes
- Miniature Reeses Peanut Butter Cups
- White Decorating Gel
- Parchment Paper
- Melt the brown candy melts according to package instructions.
- Prepare your area by placing a sheet of parchment paper on your counter. Parchment paper will ensure the cookies won’t stick.
- Unwrap Reese’s Cups. Using the decorating gel, place a dot on the back of the candy eyes.
- Attach two candy eyes to the Reese’s Cup and set aside.
- Then dip the cookies into the brown candy melts and evenly coat.
- Lay the covered Nutter Butter cookie on the parchment paper.
- Working quickly by placing the Reese’s Cup in the middle of the cookie before the candy hardens.
- Then add a smile using the decorating gel.
- Let sit to allow the candy to harden.
If you made these bat cookies we would love to hear all about it. Please leave us a comment. We get very excited when you made one of our recipes. Now we would like to know if they were they a big hit in your home? Did you make them for a party?