Need a fast & easy pork chop recipe? You will want to try this Easy Apple Raisin Smothered Pork Chops. They are comfort food at its best. Not only are they very simple to make they taste “like mama would have made them. Made right on your stove top in a skillet pan. Just super healthy & quick.
Easy Apple Raisin Smothered Pork Chops
Pork and apples are just made for each other. A comfort food. This Easy Apple Raisin Smothered Pork Chops recipe is a savory combination of tender sage seasoned pork chops, golden raisins, and apples – topped with a creamy flavored sauce.
This is a recipe was developed after I was placed on a low iodine diet for radioactive treatment for thyroid cancer. The diet is awful, to say the least, but I found some workaround ways that made it palatable. This is one of those recipes that helped me endure a highly restricted diet.
In fact, even after my treatment (which I went through twice – BLAH) this recipe still greets our dinner table. Sure it brings backs some memories, but it remains one of my favorite and easy ways to make pork chops.
Once browned, remove, add flour, then water, vinegar, and raisins.
Cook raisin sauce mixture and stir to thicken.
Arrange chops in casserole. Top with apples. Sprinkle with brown sugar and top with raisin mixture. Bake covered for 1 hour.
Easy Apple Raisin Smothered Pork Chops Recipe
Now doesn’t that look delicious? And yet YUM is the best way, to sum up, these Easy Apple Raisin Smothered Pork Chops. Now it is time to get you ready with this recipe. Check it all out below.
- 6 Pork Chops
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 cup raisins (golden are my favorite)
- 3 tart apples cut & peeled (I use Empire)
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- salt, pepper & sage to taste
- Canola Oil
- Pre-heat over to 350 degrees.
- Season pork chops with salt, pepper & sage. Brown in a skillet with canola oil. Once browned, remove, add flour, then water, vinegar, and raisins. Cook and stir to thicken. Arrange chops in casserole. Top with peeled & sliced apples. Sprinkle with brown sugar and top with raisin mixture. Bake covered for 1 hour.
- I have also made this recipe on the stove top instead of baking it. Tastes just as good and ready in 30 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 490 Total Fat: 20g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 11g Cholesterol: 132mg Sodium: 190mg Carbohydrates: 36g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 26g Protein: 42g