Do you love Easy Weeknight Meals? Why not try this Simple Beef Stir Fry with peppers Recipe? This recipe contains onions and peppers. Simple ingredients.
Simple Beef Stir Fry with Peppers
Do you love Beef Stir Fry Recipes? I know I do and so does my family! Make tasty Asian restaurant fare at home–and do it in less than 30 minutes! Stir–
This is a Quick & Simple Beef Stir Fry Recipe that can be adapted in any number of ways: use chicken instead of beef, change up the vegetables…anything goes. Stir fry recipes are quick and easy to make. My favorite meat for stir fry is flank steak, because it remains so, so tender when you slice it very thin.
The trick to a good stir-fry is working with a very hot, relatively stick-free pan. Here is a wok that I like to use. I say relatively stick-free because you don’t want one of those stick-free pans with the coating that peels off, but say more like a well-seasoned wok or a cast iron frying pan. I am not a big fan of any pan that has a coating on it that peels up (No bueno) . That is just not safe and can be toxic if your family eats.
What can I say about this recipe? Not a whole lot as we really enjoy eating it. Hope you enjoy this meal as much as my family does.
Quick & Simple Beef Stir Fry with Peppers Recipe
- 2 tbsp sesame seed oil
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped ginger
- 1 flank steak (1 lb) - thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red sweet pepper, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- ¼ tsp red chili flakes
- 1½ cups of lower sodium soy sauce
- ⅓ cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 2 cups cooked rice (optional)
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in large skillet or wok on medium high heat. Add in chopped garlic, ginger and steak. Saute just until meat is cooked through. Transfer to plate
- Heat remaining tbsp of oil in same skillet. Add in onions, mushrooms, peppers, red pepper flakes and saute until vegetables are tender.
- Mix broth: hoisin sauce, soy sauce and cornstarch in a small bowl. Add to skillet. Add back meat mixture and cook until thickened.
- Serve by itself or your choice of rice.
See, now there is no need to order out! Dinner is served!