This pepper steak stir fry is thinly sliced flank steak cooked with red and green bell peppers in a savory sauce. A quick and easy meal that tastes even better than take out!. Dinner that can be on your dinner table in 20 minutes.
Simple Beef Stir Fry with Peppers
A printable list of ingredients needed and recipe available – just scroll below
Do you love Pepper Beef Stir Fry Recipes?
I know I do, and so does my family! Make tasty Asian restaurant fare at home — and do it in less than 30 minutes! Stir–
This is a Quick & Simple Beef Stir Fry Recipe that can be adapted in any number of ways: use chicken instead of beef, change up the vegetables…anything goes. Stir-fry recipes are quick and easy to make. My favorite meat for stir-fry is flank steak because it remains tender when you slice it very thin, for instance.
The trick to a good stir-fry is working with a very hot, relatively stick-free pan. Here is a wok that I like to use. I say relatively stick-free because you don’t want one of those stick-free pans with the coating that peels off, but say more like a well-seasoned wok or a cast-iron frying pan. I am not a big fan of any pan that has a coating on it that peels up (No Bueno). And my guess is that you are not. As a result, it is just not safe and can be toxic if your family eats.
What can I say about this recipe?
Not a whole lot because we really enjoy eating it. I hope you enjoy this meal as much as my family does.
What kind cut of beef is used for this recipe?
Pepper steak isn’t an actual type of meat. I like to use the term beef stir fry with peppers and pepper steak interchangeably. The title can make it appear to be a specific type of steak, but it’s just the name of the dish because it contains peppers and steak. The steak often used in pepper steak dishes is flank, sirloin, or round steak.
The key is to make sure that you cut your beef on the bias or against the grain. This will ensure tendered sliced.
How to serve Beef Stir Fry With Peppers:
- On top of your favorite, kind of rice.
- Make it a noodle stir-fry and use some Asian style noodles.
- In a salad, serve this over some lettuce and load it with some other veggies.
- Wrap it up in a Burrito, including the rice.
This is the kind of easy dinner that I’m all about! Flavorful, delicious and certainly easy to make. Not to mention a rainbow of bell peppers and tender pieces of beef in a delicious and yummy Asian style sauce. So much flavor and so much versatility. Healthier than take out.
That is to say, there is no need to order out! Dinner is served!
Simple Beef Stir Fry with Peppers Recipe
There’s nothing better than a delicious Asian dish that’s not only easy to make but also better than takeout. This pepper steak stir fry is a restaurant-quality meal made in the comfort of your own home!
- 2 tbsp sesame seed oil
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped ginger
- 1 flank steak (1 lb) - thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red sweet pepper, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1/4 tsp red chili flakes
- 1 1/2 cups of lower sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 cups cooked rice (optional)
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in large skillet or wok on medium-high heat. Add in chopped garlic, ginger, and steak. Saute just until meat is cooked through. It should be just about 5- 7 minutes then Transfer to a plate.
- Heat remaining tbsp of oil in skillet. Add in onions, mushrooms, peppers, red pepper flakes and saute until vegetables are tender.
- Mix broth: hoisin sauce, soy sauce, and cornstarch in a small bowl. Add to skillet. Add back meat mixture and cook until thickened.
- Serve by itself or your choice of rice.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 336Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 3860mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 4gSugar: 10gProtein: 17g
If you made this recipe, we would love to know. How did this Beef Stir Fry With Peppers recipe turn out for your family? Leave us a comment below.
Other Simple & Easy Dinner Recipe Ideas
Eating out is easy, and it usually tastes delicious, but it’s expensive. Making this meal at home will save you money. Add this recipe to your weekly meal plan.