Don’t have a lot of time for dinner? Need an easy dinner idea? Want healthy food and not fast food? This Easy Weeknight Vegetable Stir Fry uses many items you already have on hand. The is an easy dinner recipe for beginners. Easy Vegetarian Recipes for Beginners.
Easy Weeknight Vegetable Stir Fry
The kids just got home, you just got home and yet you have to head out to another sports event in a few hours. So what is for dinner?
We all know what a challenge weeknight dinners can be!
Easy Weeknight Vegetable Stir Fry of course. Make this healthy food recipe. Take the guesswork out of dinner. It is easy to make and the only time need for cooking this meal is the length of time it takes for the rice to cook.
If you need a much quicker version, pull out the minute rice you have in the pantry. This rice will certainly reduce your cooking time to half. Our favorite flavor/style is Jasime. GUYS, so GOOD!
You don’t need a lot of ingredients to pull a great meal together. I do suggest having a bottle of high-quality soy sauce on hand. I personally do not purchase any from my grocery store, but rather from our local Asian food market. The taste is well worth the extra trip to the store.
Remember that dinner doesn’t have to always be a production to be AWESOME. Plus, if you are trying to teach someone how to cook, this is an easy dinner recipe for beginners.
Let’s Get Cooking
Boil two cups of water. Stir in rice. Turn heat down, cover and simmer rice for about 30 minutes. (See my quick meal tips below for some other ideas). Meanwhile, Cut broccoli into bite-sized pieces. Peel and cut carrots into thin slices. Stir-fry broccoli and carrots in olive oil and garlic powder for 4-5 minutes.
I like to cook up this recipe in a wok. The reason being is that I end up using less oil than making this in a saute pan. However, I say use what you have on hand. No need to rush right out and make this purchase.
Next, it is time to stir in rice, salt, and corn. Heat through. Lastly, add soy sauce and serve.
Now doesn’t that look delicious? Super simple and dinner is ready to be served. It is a quick meal that’s sure to please the whole family. Make sure you add this to your weekly meal plan.
Quick Meal Tips
- Think about using frozen veggies vs fresh. Remember to use a variety of vegetables. Not only will make for a more colorful stir-fry, but added in different flavors.
- Swap out regular cooked rice for Uncle Ben’s Ready Rice.
- Finally, any leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Easy Weeknight Vegetable Stir Fry Recipe
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 cup fresh or frozen broccoli
- 3 carrots
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup sweet corn
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- Boil two cups of water. Stir in rice. Turn heat down, cover and simmer rice for about 30 minutes.
- Cut broccoli into bite-sized pieces. Peel and cut carrots into thin slices.
- Stir-fry broccoli and carrots in olive oil and garlic powder for 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in rice, salt, and corn.
- Heat through. Add soy sauce and serve.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 215 Total Fat: 11g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 1193mg Carbohydrates: 26g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 4g Protein: 5g