Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese is a great dish that is super easy to make in your Slow Cooker! Everyone loves this spicy and savory dish for dinner! Time to pull out your crockpot. Sprinkle blue cheese crumbles, green onions, and more hot sauce on top for extra flavor.
This Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese came from me wanting an easy meal, and my kids request for macaroni & cheese and something spicy. My daughter is a mac & cheese fanatic and my son loves anything spicy.
We have a BIG problem in our house……if it was up to my daughter she would have mac & cheese every day of the week (SERIOUSLY every day). To please us of all I decided to whip up some homemade mac & cheese in the crockpot.
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Mac And Cheese
Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese is a great easy meal to make any time of year. It’s perfect for winter days when you want a warm meal and summer days when you don’t want to heat the house up turning on the oven.
It’s ideal for a fun game day party since buffalo chicken is such a classic party dish.
See listed quick tips below to skip this step by using store purchased rotisserie-cooked chicken.
I recommend spraying your slow cooker with non-stick spray before mixing this buffalo chicken mac and cheese. It can easily stick to the edges, so this helps clean up a lot.
Save yourself some much needed time, but purchasing Reynold’s slow cooker liners. These slow cooker insert bags are a God sent. They make for a mess-free slow cooking session, without stubborn baked-on food that’s hard to clean. Seriously, you can thank me later by leaving a comment below.
You’re Very Welcome!
Next, mix everything together well. You want the cheese and sauce well distributed so the pasta cooks evenly.
You can check on this and stir occasionally as it cooks, but if you need to leave it while you go out, it will be fine without being stirred frequently.
Finally, you will want to make sure that you cook on low for roughly three hours. I have let it go for much longer, but the cheese tends to stick and burn to the sides the longer you wait.
Serving this buffalo chicken mac and cheese up for dinner is an easy one-dish meal that everyone loves. I add a side of vegetables or a side salad with some blue cheese to add some freshness.
Here is a great crockpot offer, if you don’t already own one.
Quick Cooking Tips for making
- Use a rotisserie chicken for ease and convenience. Simply shred meat and place into crockpot.
- Any shape of pasta can be used. Penne, rotini, and shells work well.
- If you want it to be extra spicy, add in more hot sauce start with 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup taste as you go.
- I use Frank’s Red Hot Sauce. It is just the best.
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Mac And Cheese Recipe
Buffalo Chicken Mac and cheese is nothing new. In fact, there are a lot of recipes out there all ready for it. I didn’t see too many Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese recipes that you could make in a slow cooker. I do hope that you enjoy trying this recipe.
- 1 large chicken breast, cubed (or Tyson grilled and ready to save time!)
- 1 packet ranch dressing (the dry mix, like hidden valley ranch)
- 1 block cream cheese, softened
- 1 small block Velveeta (or 16oz block sharp cheddar if you like a less expensive, less processed)
- 3 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce ( depends on your heat preference)
- 16oz. pasta of your choice, shells are fun! or rotini, of course, regular elbows work!
- Pinch Salt &Pepper
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, saute the cubed chicken until nice and brown on the outside. It will finish cooking in the slow cooker. Add the dry ranch packet to the chicken, mix well.
- Plug the slow cooker in and set it to high. Stir in the milk, cream cheese, cheddar cheese. Allow this to warm for about 10 minutes. Mix again.
- Add the uncooked pasta, buffalo sauce, chicken and a pinch of salt & pepper.
- Stir all the ingredients together so that all the pasta is coated and covered by the milk. Place the slow cooker cover on and set to low. Cook for about 3 hours.
Serving Size: 1.5 cup
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 666 Total Fat: 34g Saturated Fat: 19g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 11g Cholesterol: 113mg Sodium: 1450mg Carbohydrates: 51g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 2g Protein: 38g
Original Published February 16, 2016