Baked Ham Sandwiches like this simple recipe are ideal for using up leftovers or making a simple ham sandwich upscale and fun to eat! Perfect Leftover Ham Recipe
Easy Baked Ham Sandwiches
Soon the HOLIDAY dinners will be in full swing. After dinner, (after you unzip those pants), you will find during clean up that you have a lot of leftovers. What to do? What to do? If you have been to one of my many grocery savings coupon workshops, I spend some time talking about meal planning and eating my favorite “leftover makeovers” as another quick dinner option. These baked ham sandwiches are one of those recipes.
These Baked Ham Sandwiches are a great way to mix up the regular lunch or dinner routine. Especially if you have the leftover ham that needs to be used. The best meal I say is made quick and from leftovers. And of course, you can substitute for deli style ham if you don’t have any leftovers.
I love any that I can get a good deal on a large quantity of meat. A ham is going to be on sale during holiday seasons, and even if you don’t cook it right away and toss it into your freezer instead, it will be a great way to save money and feed your family multiple meals.
These baked ham sandwiches are super easy and of course, perfect for customizing to your family preferences. I like things a bit spicier than my kids, so adding in something like pepper jack cheese slices works for me, where it might not for you.
I serve these sandwiches hot and they fly off the table. So be forewarned.
Baked Ham Sandwiches Recipe
- 12 Dinner Rolls
- 6 Slices Ham (if using deli ham, if not then trim your baked ham into pieces that will fit your dinner roll)
- 6 Slices Provolone Cheese (cut into 4 quarters)
- 6 Slices White American Cheese (cut into 4 quarters)
- ¼ Cup Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Teaspoon Minced Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Parsley
- ½ Cup Shredded Mozzarella
- ½ Teaspoon Each Salt & Pepper
- Sesame Seeds (Optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Slice each dinner roll into top & bottoms
- Mix the mayonnaise and dijon into a small bowl and spread on each dinner roll (tops and bottoms)
- Place the bottoms into a 13x9 buttered pan, 4 rows of 3 should fit
- Add 2 pieces (quarters) of provolone to the bottom of each roll
- Layer Ham and then 2 pieces (quarters) of American Cheese, Place tops on, lightly press down
- NOTE* If using deli ham, fold each slice in half
- In a small bowl add the butter, garlic, parsley, salt & pepper and melt in the microwave
- Brush on the tops of the rolls, if you have extra pour it evenly right over all the rolls !
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds (optional) and mozzarella
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is melted
- Use a spatula to serve
Make these super yummy baked ham sandwiches for your family using leftover ham, or a great deal you find on deli ham.
They are great slider sized sandwiches which mean they are the ideal portion size for kids and a fun way to dress up their lunch box with something other than a boring sandwich. Serve with your favorite chips, pasta salad, potato salad, or baked beans!
More Easy Recipes: