Estimated reading time: 6 minutes
Surprise your kids or guest with these adorable appetizers that look like real mini pumpkin pie slices. These mini pumpkin pies are made from cheese & crackers. A savory appetizer will be a hit at your next get together.
Mini Pumpkin Pies – Made with Cheese & Crackers
Surprise your kids or guest with these adorable mini pumpkin pies. Completely made from cheese & crackers. You can use them as your next April fools joke or use them as little savory appetizers. I really think that this would be perfect around Thanksgiving. Or even an April fools joke.
Believe me, they will be a hit at your next get-together. I love creating super cute foods. These Mini Pumpkin Pies Snacks are just that!
It’s the perfect fall party finger food. The best part of all is creating your little pies. You can get your kids involved. Easy, cheesy, and sure to please.
Not Really Mini Pumpkin Pies At All
To make the little pie slices we just use two types of crackers along with cheddar cheese and cream cheese. (We used Triscuit because they are already in triangle shapes, but you can try using a square cracker and cut in half – it may be a bit tricky!) I think the little dollop of cream cheese “whipped cream” gives them the perfect finishing touch!
Extra sharp cheddar cheese (I used Cracker Barrel)
Whipped Cream Cheese
Triscuit crackers or another triangle-shaped cracker
Instructions To Make Mini Pumpkin Pie Crackers
These cute little appetizers are fun to make (it’s a great way to get the kids involved in preparing Thanksgiving dinner) and fun to serve.
You will get a lot of ohs and ahh’s when your guests see them on your Thanksgiving table!
1. First you will want to start by cutting your cheddar cheese into thick slices. They need to be on the thicker side in order to really look like a slice of pumpkin pie.
2. Next, place a slice of cheese on the Triscuit cracker. This is going to be your template. Who would have thought that your crackers would be your blueprints for this recipe?
3. AND of course I am sure you can figure out what you will be doing next. YUP! Slice that the cheese to form a triangle that will fit the Triscuit cracker. Don’t worry if some of the cheese (as pictured below) doesn’t quite fit your cracker. That will be hidden later on.
Now these Crackers & Cheese Appetizers Are Coming Together
4. This is the trickiest part! Cut approximately ⅓ of the Chicken in a Biskit cracker. I found it’s easiest to make sure to use even pressure and make a quick cut. It may not be perfect, but pumpkin pie tastes delicious no matter how perfect it looks. It will make these appetizers look more authentic.
5. Your next step is to add a few spoonfuls of whipped cream cheese into a zipper-locked sandwich bag. Unless full, remove all the air and cut a very tiny hole in the corner of the bag. You are going to be using this as a homemade piping bag.
6. It’s time to put your ‘pies’ together! Place your cheese slice on the Triscuit. Using a thin line of cream cheese, attach your larger Chicken in a Biskit cracker on the back of the pie slice.
7. Again, using your cream cheese, attach the smaller piece of the Chicken in a Biskit cracker on top of the cheese where it meets the cracker. This forms your pie’s ‘crust’. And your imperfections of the cheese seen in step 3 is completely hidden.
8. In the center of the cheese, squeeze a dollop of cream cheese. It will look just like you topped your pie with whipped cream! Viola! Your first mini pumpkin pie made from cheese & crackers is all done.
Surprise… they’re actually cheese!
Easy, right? Your guests are just going to adore these Mini Pumpkin Pie snacks. You can mix up cheese to your favorite kind. Getting creative is what it is all about.
Surprise your guests with this cheesy pumpkin pie slice!
Mini Pumpkin Pies – Made with Cheese & Crackers
- Extra sharp cheddar cheese (I used Cracker Barrel)
- Whipped Cream Cheese
- Triscuit crackers or another triangle shaped cracker
- Chicken in a Biskit crackers
- Cut cheddar cheese into thick slices.
- Place a slice of cheese on the Triscuit cracker.
- Slice the cheese to form a triangle that will fit the Triscuit cracker.
- This is the trickiest part! Cut approximately ⅓ of the Chicken in a Biskit cracker. We found it’s easiest to make sure to use even pressure and make a quick cut.
- Place a few spoonfuls of whipped cream cheese in a Ziploc bag. Cut a very tiny hole in the corner of the bag.
- Place the cheese slice on the Triscuit. Using a thin line of cream cheese, attach the larger Chicken in a Biskit cracker on the back of the pie slice.
- Using your cream cheese, attach the smaller piece of the Chicken in a Biskit cracker on top of the cheese where it meets the cracker. This forms the pie’s ‘crust’.
- In the center of the cheese, squeeze a dollop of cream cheese.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 20Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 27mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 1g
If you made these adorable Mini Pumpkin Pies appetizers, let us know how they turned out. Leave us a comment below. Did you trick your friends and family? What did they think?
Other FUN Holiday Recipes
Eating out is easy, and it usually tastes delicious, but it’s expensive. Making this meal at home will save you money. Add this recipe to your weekly meal plan.