Nothing says Autumn Time then eating a Pumpkin Spice doughnut or two. Using fresh pumpkin or canned pumpkin you can make wonderfully pumpkin Spice mini cake doughnuts with pumpkin spice glaze.
Pumpkin Spice Mini Cake Doughnuts with Pumpkin Spice Glaze
With the weather changing and the days starting to get a little cooler, my favorite season will be upon us.
One of my favorite tradition is apple picking in upstate New York. We like to do it a few times with the kids. Our local farms do a really nice job with family activities allow with apple picking. This includes baking up the most delicious apple cider donuts. These donuts are delicious. I decided to start a new family tradition.
Nothing says FALL Time than eating a freshly baked Pumpkin Spice Mini Cake Doughnut with Pumpkin Spice Glaze. You seriously can not just eat one and lucky for us a serving is 4 doughnuts. In fact, this recipe will make 36 mini pumpkin spiced doughnuts.
You may also want to try making our light & fluffy pumpkin pie dip.
There is No Apple Cider in these Doughnuts
Traditionally we love apple cider doughnuts, but for this recipe I skipped on the apple cider part and went with pumpkin. I want to be able to make this not only in the fall but year-round. Apple cider seems to a seasonally purchased item. Canned pumpkin is one you can purchase in grocery stores year round. For our family, I take the time to batch cook and freeze pumpkin.
If you have fresh pumpkin on hand or just prefer fresh versus the canned version, I have a pretty simple hack to prepare fresh pumpkin. It won’t take you long and may just change your mind about buying canned.
Not Let’s Get Baking
If you love pumpkin as much as I do come join our Pinterest Pumpkin board. It is filled with all things pumpkin. See you there. Please note that you will find a printable version of this recipe below, just scroll down.
First, let’s start out by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F. While you are preheating grab a small bowl and melt 1 teaspoon of butter in the microwave. Remove and let cool.
The smell of adding all the dry ingredients together is just amazing. But don’t sniff too hard. Nothing stinks more than sneezing into your soon-to-be doughnuts.
Next in a large mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients: brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, flour, sugar, ground nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, ground cloves, and salt. Using a fork or whisk stir to combine.
By now your melted butter should be cool enough. It is time to add a beaten egg, vinegar, heaving whipping cream, and vanilla extract to the bowl. Now whisk together until well combined.
Then take your wet mixture and add it to your dry mixture to combine in a large mixing bowl. Stir well. Lastly, add pumpkin puree to the mixture. Now you can stir until all ingredients are evenly combined.
Getting ready to bake your pumpkin spice doughnuts
In order to make these doughnuts, you need a pan similar to this Wilton 12-Cavity Mini Doughnut Pan. This pan is a durable nonstick and cleans up easily in the dishwasher.
It is important to spray the doughnut pan with nonstick cooking spray. Without using the spray, it could leave you with bits and pieces of doughnuts stuck to the pan itself.
Now using a disposable piping bag, fill with mixture. Try to eliminate air bubbles, pushing the mixture toward the tip. Using scissors, trip the tip of the piping bag. Slowly fill each donut cavity halfway full.
Bake the first batch of mini cake doughnuts for approximately 10 minutes. Remove. Let cool. Use a butter knife or spoon to gently release the doughnuts or turn the pan upside down and gently tap the pan on the counter. They should fall onto the countertop.
And now your baked doughnuts are ready to get all dressed up with the following Pumpkin Spice Glaze below. Don’t forget to add in a few pretty sprinkles. These doughnuts tastes fantastic Traditional Wassail Cider Drink Recipe.
Pumpkin Spice Mini Cake Doughnuts with Glaze
- ***For Doughnuts**
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- ¼ tbsp. Baking Soda
- ½ tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 cup Flour
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1/8 tsp. Ground Nutmeg
- 1 tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. Ground Cloves
- 1/3 tsp. Salt
- 1 tbsp. Butter (melted)
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- 1 tsp. Vinegar
- ½ cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- ¾ cup Pumpkin Puree
- **For Doughnut Glaze**
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
- ¼ cup Half & Half
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, melt 1 tsp. butter in the microwave. Remove and let cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients: brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, flour, sugar, ground nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, ground cloves, and salt. Using a fork, stir.
- Once melted butter has cooled, add beaten egg, vinegar, heaving whipping cream, and vanilla extract.
- Add egg mixture to dry mixture in a large mixing bowl. Stir well.
- Add pumpkin puree to the mixture. Stir until all ingredients are evenly combined.
- Spray the doughnut pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Using a disposable piping bag, fill with mixture. Try to eliminate air bubbles, pushing the mixture toward
the tip. Using scissors, trip the tip of the piping bag.
- Slowly fill each donut cavity halfway full.
- Bake the first batch of mini cake doughnuts for approximately 10 minutes. Remove. Let cool. Use a butter knife or spoon to gently release the doughnuts or turn the pan upside down and gently tap the pan on the counter. They should fall onto the countertop.
- Wipe the doughnut pan clean and repeat steps 9 through 10.
- While doughnuts are baking start to prepare the glaze. Combining all ingredients for glaze in a small mixing bowl. Stir well with a whisk or fork. Reduce or add the amount of powdered sugar to get the desired consistency.
- Using a brush or small spoon, add glaze onto cooled doughnuts. Let sit for 10 minutes. Serve with sprinkles if
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 99Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 74mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 0gSugar: 14gProtein: 1g
If you made these Pumpkin Spice Doughnuts, we would love to know how they turned out for you. Leave us a comment below. Did you choose to use sprinkles or go without?
Other Fall Favorite Recipes
Eating out is easy, and it usually tastes delicious, but it’s expensive. Making this meal at home will save you money. Add this recipe to your weekly meal plan.