Looking for a snack that fills you up and fuels you well? Homemade Guacamole with a side of hard-boiled eggs will provide you with the fuel you need on busy days. You can take this snack on the go or eat it at home.
Delicious Organic Guacamole With Hard-Boiled Eggs
One of the simplest snacks or meal ideas over the summertime is homemade Guacamole. No one wants to be left in the kitchen cooking while the weather is hot. You can easily make this meal ahead of time and pull it out when you are ready to munch.
Eggs and Guacamole is a meal jammed packed with protein and healthy fats. I love that you can have this prepped and ready to go on a day that you know will leave you frantic for a meal plan menu item. Especially on those days when the kids are running between school and sports activities.
This is a simple and easy to make guacamole recipe with all the tastes of home. Our family prefers homemade versus store purchase, ready to eat guac. There is a difference in taste (well, in my mind there is). I hope that you enjoy this recipe as much as we do.
Let’s Get Started
Using guacamole as the base is a heart-healthy way to indulge in eating your hard-boiled eggs.
Make the hard-boiled eggs:
First, you will want to add water to small pot and heat on high until boiling. Then add your eggs. Boil on high for 5 minutes and then turn heat to medium. Next place a lid on your pot and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Remove from pot heat. Finally, drain your boiling water. Add chilly water onto eggs. Set aside to cool.
When the eggs are cool enough to handle, remove the shells. Slice each egg in half lengthwise.
Time to Make the Guacamole
First, you will want to slice that small tip-off each avocado. Then cut them each in half (long ways) all the way around as your knife presses against the pit. Cut in half again, exactly as previously directed, and this will create 4 sections. Use your fingers to peel the skin away. Finally, pop each of the 4 sections from the pit and place it in a small mixing bowl.
After you have finished with your avocados, start dicing white onion, Roma tomato, and peeled garlic clove into small pieces.
Combine with your avocado into a mixing bowl.
Then squeeze 1 TBSP of each into the mixture (no seeds). Add cilantro, red pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder to the mixture. I like to taste test as I go. Adding in more if needed.
Then using a fork, spoon, or pestle and mortar begin to chop up and/or grind the avocados, distributing ingredients evenly. Continue until your guacamole has reached the consistency you desire. Some like it chunky and others like it very smooth and creamy. Play with it and see what you like best!
Yoke or No Yoke
Leave yoke or remove the yoke and replace it with a dollop of guacamole! Now you can serve and enjoy! But if you choose not to make the boiled eggs, the guacamole is best enjoyed with tortilla chips or on your favorite Mexican dish.
I have even seen others making deviled eggs and replacing them with guacamole. YUMMY!
Other Helpful Recipe Tips
Cooking Tip: Now if you can, remove the seeds of the tomato and discard. This will help prevent making more liquid and in turn, cause your guacamole to be too runny.
Delicious Organic Guacamole With Hard-Boiled Eggs Recipe
- 2 Organic Avocados
- 1/3 Organic White Onion
- 1 TBSP Freshly Squeezed Organic Lemon Juice
- 1 TBSP Freshly Squeezed Organic Lime Juice
- 1 Organic Roma Tomato
- ½ TSP Cilantro
- ½ TSP Ground (Cayenne) Red Pepper
- 1 Organic Garlic Clove
- 1 TSP Simply Organic Garlic Powder
- 1 TSP Simply Organic Onion Powder
- 1/2 TSP Organic Chili Powder
- 2 Organic Eggs
- 2 TSP Sea Salt
- ½ TSP Pepper
- First, add water to small pot and heat on high until boiling. Add eggs. Boil on high for 5 minutes and then turn heat to medium. Place a lid on your pot. Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Next, remove from pot heat. Drain hot water. Add cold water onto eggs. Set aside to cool.
- Slice tip off each avocado. Cut in half (long ways) all the way around as your knife presses against the pit. Cut in half again, exactly as previously directed, and this will create 4 sections. Use your fingers to peel the skin away. Pop each of the 4 sections from the pit and place it into a small mixing bowl.
- Dice white onion, Roma tomato, and peeled garlic clove into small pieces. Add to the avocado mixing bowl.
- Slice lemon and lime in half. Squeeze 1 TBSP of each onto the mixture. Add cilantro, red pepper, garlic powder, chili powder, and onion powder to the mixture.
- Chop or grind the avocados, distributing ingredients evenly. Continue until your guacamole has reached the consistency you desire.
- Tap hard-boiled eggs gently onto the counter to crack. Carefully peel shell away from the egg. Brush off any debris from the shell. Slice eggs in half.
Leave yoke or remove the yoke of egg and replace it with a dollop of guacamole!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 425Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 26gCholesterol: 186mgSodium: 2436mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 15gSugar: 4gProtein: 12g
If you made this recipe, we would love to know how it turned out for you. Leave us a comment below.
More Great Recipes:
Eating out is easy, and it usually tastes delicious, but it’s expensive. Making this meal at home will save you money. Add this recipe to your weekly meal plan.