Estimated reading time: 6 minutes
These No-Bake Peanut Butter Cheerio Bars are delicious, peanut buttery bars stuffed with Cheerios! Easy to make and gluten-free. Perfect for a sweet treat.
Peanut Butter Cheerio Bars – Easy No Bake Recipe
It is so easy to get completely wrapped up in the busyness of our lives that we turn to quick and easy treats to make. I am a victim of mom guilt. While I would absolutely love to make homemade from scratch treats, I just don’t have the time.
Luckily, my kids don’t care how long it takes as long as they can enjoy something delicious to eat. I do love making these No-Bake Peanut Butter Cheerio Bars. First, they whip up in just a few minutes, and the bonus is they are gluten-free (which means I can snack on them too.)
All you need to do is grab 4 simple ingredients from your pantry; peanut butter, honey, chocolate chips, and a box of cheerios. If you love peanut butter and chocolate, not only will this recipe be a big hit with your kids, I guarantee it will also be your new jam. (Get it peanut butter & jam).
There are about a million different ways (okay, maybe 100) to create this recipe and they can all be found on the internet. I am sharing with you the recipe that I have been making for quite some time
Buying Gluten-Free Cheerios
You can find Gluten-Free Cheerios by looking for the Gluten-Free seal on the packaging. Even multi-grain cheerios are gluten-free.
They simply swapped out wheat and barley for sorghum and millet. And please make sure to double-check your store brands too. They are not all created equal. In fact, some are not gluten-free.
And if you are like me, you will want to find a great coupon for extra savings. Search our coupon database for the latest coupons.
Substitute Gluten-Free Cereals
If you currently do not have in your pantry a box of Cheerios. I have substituted and made this same recipe using corn or rice Chex.
You could also add on to this recipe very easily by adding some coconut, or even some ground flaxseed for extra fiber. Shhh… I won’t tell the kids.
Ingredients Needed – No Bake Peanut Butter Cheerio Bars
¾ cup peanut butter
½ cup honey
3 cups original Cheerios
1/3 cup chocolate chips
**Substitution Idea – You can replace 1/3 cup chocolate chips for 1/3 cup raisins.
Let’s Get Cooking these peanut butter breakfast bars
And side note: if you are a BIG fan of peanut butter, you will want to make this amazing Peanut Butter bread too. It does also contain substitutions to make it Gluten Free.
Printable recipe card available below
1. Prepare an 8×8 baking pan by lining it with parchment paper and set it aside.
2. Place peanut butter and honey in a small saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat until peanut butter is melted and ingredients are well combined.
3. Pour cheerios into a large bowl and cover with peanut butter mixture.
It is pressing time
4. Spread mixture evenly over a parchment paper-lined pan. Press the mixture into the pan until firm. I like to press it down using the back end of my wooden spoon.
5. Allow cereal mixture to cool for 10 minutes, then top with chocolate chips. Press the chocolate chips into the mixture to secure the chips in place. This is important that you let it cool. Otherwise, you will end up with melted chocolate and possibly a mess.
I also prefer using mini chocolate chips. They are easier to eat and just look prettier.
6. Place the pan in the refrigerator and allow it to cool for at least one hour before cutting and serving.
7. Remove your peanut butter cheerio bars from the pan by pulling the edges of the parchment paper. Set on a flat surface and use a sharp knife to cut into nine equal bars.
Don’t they look amazing?
See how those mini chocolate chips work out. It is very hard not to eat just one. My kids love these as an afternoon snack. I make them as they get on the bus in the morning and cut them right before they arrive home. Perfect timing. And if you have teenagers, these will be gone in a matter of minutes, not days.
Tools Used To Make These No-Bake Peanut Butter Cheerio Bars
- Sauce Pan – I prefer to use my non-stick saucepan. However, I suggest using what you love!
- Silicone Whisk – I love this silicone-coated whisk. Not only does it protect your pans from scratches, it is collapsible and space-saving.
- Mixing Bowl – These are my favorite mixing bowls. They are great for snacking and cooking (not at the same time). They had me at non-skid bottoms.
No-Bake Peanut Butter Cheerio Bars Recipe
Easy print recipe card with instructions.
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup honey
- 3 cups original Cheerios
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Prepare an 8x8 baking pan by lining with parchment paper.
- Place peanut butter and honey in a small saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat until peanut butter is melted and ingredients are well combined.
- Pour cheerios into a large bowl and cover with peanut butter mixture.
- Spread mixture evenly over parchment paper-lined pan. Press the mixture into the pan until firm.
- Allow cereal mixture to cool for 10 minutes, then top with chocolate chips. Press the chocolate chips into the mixture to secure the chips in place.
- Place pan in the refrigerator and allow to cool for at least one hour before serving.
- Remove bars from pan by pulling the edges of the parchment paper. Set on a flat surface and use a sharp knife to cut into nine equal bars.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 249Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 150mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 3gSugar: 21gProtein: 6g
If you made this recipe, we would love to hear all about it. We get so excited when we learn that you have chosen to make one of our recipes featured on Inspiring Savings. Please leave us a comment below.
Other Easy No-Bake Recipes
Eating out is easy, and it usually tastes delicious, but it’s expensive. Making this meal at home will save you money. Add this recipe to your weekly meal plan.