Pillows! This DIY No Sew Outdoor Tassel Pillows will add flair to your home and will not take all day to make. Here is how to make these outdoor pillows.
DIY No Sew Outdoor Tassel Pillows
On a budget, but would love your porch or outdoor deck to pop with color this summer? You’ve come to the right place! I have always had a weakness for brightly colored outdoor items. Bright colors just shout the words, “Summertime is here”. Who is ready for summer? I sure am.
Keep in mind, if you have an old set of pillows from years past that have not weathered well, you can use the pillow inserts or poly-fill to make new. Making new pillow covers will make your outdoor furniture look brand new again! Sometimes a fresh coat of paint will help too.
Here is a 6 step project to make yourself some beautiful DIY No Sew Outdoor Tassel Pillows for little money.
My Recommendations for this projects
I recommend getting this from Amazon!! Hobby Lobby sold them for $10+ a yard. Amazon has them typically for sale for $8.99+ for FIVE yards. You can buy them multicolored like I did or solid colors so your links will vary (or you can just link to pom pom trim) Here are a few multi-colored poms.
This is a really easy DIY No Sew project that takes just a few minutes. But they look amazing and the possibilities are endless.
Items Needed To Make Yourr No Sew Outdoor Tassel Pillows
- Pillow Covers (I used 18×18. If you wanted to, you could easily make these yourself too!)
- Pom Pom Trim – You can use multi-colored or solid colors to match a particular color theme (I used 2 yards of Pom Pom Trim for the pillow shown. You can use more or less based on how many you want on the pillow.)
- Tassel Trim (I used 3 yards of trim on this pillow.)
- Pillow form or Poly-fill if you want to stuff it yourself
- Sealant (optional but recommended!)
This is a new sew project! There are several ways you can attach the fabric. All three work well, so it is based on your preference! Choose between:
- Steam a Seam (This is like an adhesive ‘tape’ that you iron on and it adheres.)
- Fabric Glue
- Hot Glue
Instructions To Make Your No Sew Outdoor Tassel Pillows
1. Wash and dry your pillow cover as instructed.
2. Lay your pillow cover flat and measure out your trims. Cut to your desired length. Two yards gave me 4 rows and 3 yards gave me 6. How much you decide to put on your pillows is all about personal preference!
3. Arrange your rows of trim on your pillow cover. You will want to leave a few inches between the top of your pillow and your first row as well as a few inches from the bottom of your pillow to the last row.
4. Using your choice of adhesive/glue attach your rows to the pillow form. You can use Steam a Seam (just follow the package’s instructions) and your iron or you can use glue. I did one pillow in fabric glue and another in hot glue. Both came out great!
5. The edges of the trim will unravel a bit. I like to use liquid seal sealant on my edges, but if you are using glue, then you can always dab a bit of glue on the edges and that will work too.
6. Let dry. Insert your pillow form or fill with Poly-fil.
Other Frugal Craft Ideas