These Simple Garlic Knots are easy, fool-proof, deliciously covered in buttery garlic that comes together in less than 20 min – it doesn’t get easier than that! Semi-homemade. They Are A Great Appetizer For Parties And Game Day! Serve With Marinara Sauce Or Pizza Sauce On The Side.
Simple Garlic Knots! – Quick and Easy
Why go and spend your money on garlic knots when you can make them at home. – A big basket of garlic knots is a great party treat and is pretty easy to make if you use premade pizza dough.
Don’t forget you can also jazz these babies up just by adding a bit of cheese or even some precooked bacon bits for some extra flavor at your next party.
You will be shocked at how easy these are to make. PLUS, you will wow your guests. I do have to mention that these are the best right out of the oven.
It is as easy as 1-2-3
Putting them together was really easy – just take a can of croissant dough or biscuit dough and roll them out into about 6-8 inch long “snakes” as my kids call them, then you will fold them into a knot.
I make a mixture of melted butter, oregano, parsley, shredded Parmesan, minced garlic and Italian seasoning to baste onto the knots before baking.
I saved some of the melted butter (without anything else to baste on the knots after they were done cooking as well as sprinkled some of the Parmesan cheese on top. Bake them for about 10-15 minutes at 375 degrees.
Perfect Game Day Appetizer
These simple Garlic Knots are the perfect start to pizza night. They are also great with a salad, a bowl of soup, or just eaten as a snack! If you are watching any sports game this week, you should make them.
Let’s be honest, they are really good anytime and all of the time. Enjoy!
Additional Cooking Tips
- You can replace the fresh herbs with 1/2 teaspoon each of dried basil leaves.
- Grated Parmesan cheese can also be sprinkled on the rolls before baking.
Simple Garlic Knots Recipe
- 1 store-bought bread dough- (I used Pillsbury)
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- ¾ stick melted butter
- 2 tbsp chopped basil
- sauce for dipping (your favorite)
- Open store bought bread sticks and take each one and make into a bread knot by looping it around and folding one tail under and one tail on top. Bake at 375 degrees for 10 -15 minutes. Once they are golden brown they are done.
- In a separate bowl melt the butter, then add the garlic and basil and stir to combine.
- Once the garlic knots are done cooking spread butter mixture to coat all the nooks and crannies. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 115Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 187mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 1g
Other Easy & Delicious Meal Ideas