Estimated reading time: 6 minutes
This Cheesy Cheddar Broccoli Bake is a great easy weeknight meal or side dish. Perfect for a family dinner or get-together. No cream soups or sour cream are needed for this simple take on a classic recipe!
Easy Broccoli Cheddar Pasta Bake Recipe
|Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
Total Time: 55 Minutes
Servings: 8 Servings
This Broccoli Bake makes a delicious side dish or a main dish in itself. I enjoy a classic meal like this, and for our family, this meal is not only delicious, but it has become a comfort food staple. This awesome homemade version of a Cheesy Cheddar Broccoli Bake and contains NO “cream of” soups just wholesome milk.
I’ve been craving Broccoli Cheddar Casserole for quite some time, and I finally got around to making it. Comfort food is king on cold fall or winter days. It goes perfectly with this Easy Weeknight Barbecue Meatloaf or this Delicious Parmesan Pork Tenderloin.
Want to add a little protein? Just toss in some cooked chicken, crispy bacon, or even leftover ham to make this tender broccoli bake a meal. I like it just the way it is. Creamy, delicious, and filling! I love broccoli and how easy it is to get the kids to eat this dish. I have even had moments when I felt like adding some garlic for a little something extra.
- 1 lb Rotini pasta, cooked al dente
- 16 oz Velveeta cheese
- 12 oz bag Broccoli florets, thawed
- 2 cups Milk
- 2 tablespoons Butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cup breadcrumbs or crushed crackers (like ritz)
- Salt & black pepper
How To Make Cheesy Cheddar Broccoli Bake Casserole
Classic Velveeta cheese and milk are the base for our sauce in this broccoli bake. However, you can use sharp cheddar cheese instead.
STEP ONE: Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
STEP TWO: In a saucepan over medium heat, add the milk and Velveeta cheese. Stir often until completely melted. Melting down in a stockpot takes a few minutes, but make sure to stir so the cheese doesn’t burn to the bottom of the pan. Then set aside.
STEP THREE: Spoon the cooked pasta into a 13×9 pan. Thentop with broccoli florets. Season with a pinch of salt & pepper.
STEP FOUR: Pour the cheese sauce over the pasta and broccoli.
STEP FIVE: Then mix the melted butter into the bread crumbs. Then sprinkle evenly all over the top of your casserole.
STEP SIX: Bake for 30- 40 minutes or until golden brown and bubbling. Then let it sit on the stove for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
The cheese and sauce will thicken up nicely, and it cools off enough that nobody burns their mouth when they take that first bite. No complaints about running cheesy.
This cheesy cheddar broccoli bake is a great choice for a fast meal that everyone loves.
If you don’t care for broccoli, you can use any other vegetable like green beans, peas, or even carrots and cauliflower for a nice touch. Serve as a side dish, or as a complete meal.
Easy Substitute options – Cheesy Cheddar Broccoli Bake Casserole
- Instead of using broccoli, you can swap it for cauliflower. Chopped carrots, green beans, or peas would also work too.
- Make this dish a complete meal by adding cooked or grilled chicken, turkey, or pork before baking.
- Adding a little parmesan cheese to your breadcrumb topping is never a bad call. My kids love this best.
- Go Gluten-free – swap out the pasta and bread crumb topping for their gluten-free versions.
- Make this recipe ahead of time. Then freeze for later use. It is a great freezer meal if you meal prep ahead of time.
How To Store This Meal
Once cool, fill an airtight container with this casserole and affix them with lids. Place in the refrigerator or freezer.
In the refrigerator, can be stored for up to a week. In the freezer, they can be stored for up to 6 months. This is a great homemade meal that can be frozen for another time.
Cheesy Broccoli Casserole Recipe
You can make our cheesy cheddar broccoli bake with whole wheat or even gluten-free pasta for a fun and yummy weeknight meal your entire family will love! I know I am always ready a great recipe with wonderful people.
Did You Enjoy Making This Recipe? Please rate this recipe with ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ or leave a comment. It helps other wonderful people connect with our recipes.
- 1 lb Rotini Pasta, cooked al dente
- 16 oz Velveeta Cheese
- 12 oz bag Broccoli Florets, thawed
- 2 cups Milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cup breadcrumbs or crushed crackers (like Ritz)
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add the milk and Velveeta cheese. Stir often until melted.
- Spoon the cooked pasta into a 13x9 pan, top with broccoli florets. Season with a pinch of salt & pepper.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the pasta and broccoli.
- Mix the melted butter into the bread crumbs and sprinkle evenly all over the top.
- Bake for 30- 40 minutes or until golden brown and bubbling.
Serving Size:1.5 cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 411Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 57mgSodium: 1097mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 3gSugar: 7gProtein: 18g
If you made this broccoli cheese casserole recipe, we would love to hear all about it. We get so excited when we learn that you have chosen to make one of our recipes featured on Inspiring Savings. Please leave us a comment below.
Did you use regular brick cheese or Velveeta?
Find The Latest Recipes on Inspiring Savings.com
Eating out is easy, and it usually tastes delicious, but it’s expensive. Making this meal at home will save you money. Add this recipe to your weekly meal plan.