These Carrot Cake Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting features a light, and fluffy cookie chocked full of carrots and cinnamon and topped with delicious cream cheese frosting
Carrot Cake Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting
Carrot cake is one of my favorites to make for Easter. OH Heck! I make it often because it get requested a lot from family and friends. It often can be a bear to make. There are many steps to making the most delicious cake in the world. I decided that this year would be different.
Carrot Cake Cookies! Yes, they deserve their own sentence. I hadn’t ever really even thought about them. Until I did. And then I couldn’t stop thinking about them.
Low key and less stress is usually the way I like it. By adding my love for carrot cake into a simpler recipe was the way I wanted to go.
Do I dare say they are better than the cake? I love them both, so I will let you decide. And you really don’t have to choose a favorite, you can have BOTH!
Let’s Get Started Making These Cookies
In a large bowl, mix the wet ingredients. Cream the butter, sugars, and eggs together. Add the vanilla and mix.
Mix in the cinnamon, baking powder, soda, and salt. Add in flour and mix well. Then fold in the grated carrots.
I really like to take advantage of using my whoopie pie cookie sheet. It makes forming these cookies much easier. Bake cookies just until edges are golden. The key to soft, chewy cookies is to not overbake them. Remove your cookies after they have cooled.
Removing them too soon and while hot will, in fact, break your cookies apart.
I frosted these cookies with a pre-made cream cheese frosting. It was a shortcut that I wanted to make. You can certainly make your own frosting, but I was looking for a time-saving shortcut.
It is time to decorate. Using your chopped pecans, place them around the edges of your cookies. You can even go one step further if you like an add in some adorable pre-made sugared carrots. I think they are perfect as is, but options are always nice.
They are the perfect spring cookie!
Tips for Making Your Carrot Cake Cookies
- I really love using my cheese grater. I find it easier and the less of a mess to clean. I used the medium holes on a box grater to grate the carrots.
- Make sure you let your butter stand at room temperature until it is soft. This is will ensure that the butter will be well incorporated into your batter. Large chunks of semi-soft butter will not allow your cookies to be uninformed. On that note; never microwave your butter or your cookies will spread too much when baked
Carrot Cake Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter
- 1 Cup Sugar
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 3 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 ¼ Tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- ½ Tsp Salt
- 2 Cups Grated Carrots
- 1 Cup Chopped Pecans
- 1 Tub Cream Cheese Frosting
- In a large bowl, mix the wet ingredients. Cream the butter, sugars, and eggs together. Add the vanilla and mix.
- Mix in the cinnamon, baking powder, soda, and salt.
- Add in flour and mix well.
- Fold in the grated carrots.
- Preheat the oven to 375. Spray a pan with non-stick spray.
- I used my favorite whoopie pie pan for my cookies!
- Bake 13-15 minutes.
- Allow to fully cool and frost with cream cheese frosting. Around the edges add in the chopped pecans.