This Crab Seafood Salad is made with Imation Crab meat, celery, and mayonnaise. It is a delicious combination that will make a quick a refreshing summertime meal. It is quick & easy to make.
Fake Crab Seafood Salad Recipe For Sandwiches
As summer approaches, food that tastes crisp, fresh & delicious is a must. Every summer our family spends a week of vacation in Maine. Having a Crab Seafood Salad sandwich is a must for that week. Not only do we have one, but oftentimes we end up ordering it a few times during the week. It a classic dish and has been a staple sandwich filling found at delis and on salad bars for decades!
But the best is ordering these sandwiches from a pop-up food truck on the beach. AHHHH! Summer vacations are the best! I have always nostalgic reactions to food. Enjoying this sandwich at home just brings me right back to being on vacation.
If you are in search of that Perfect crab Seafood Salad Sandwich this is the right recipe for you. This offers a delicious seafood roll with spiciness throughout, all on a toasted split-top bun. This cold crab salad is just a perfect light lunch or dinner when the weather is warm and you don’t want a heavy, hot meal. It can easily be whipped up in less than 10 minutes.
Can you say YUM?? You don’t need to be near an ocean to enjoy this seafood delight. But you know it does help!
Making Fake Crab Seafood Salad
Please note that the printable version of this recipe can be found below (Just scroll down).
How do you make imitation crab salad? With a mixture of celery, mayonnaise, paprika, mustard, and imitation crab meat. It may seem strange that you are using a combination of mayonnaise and mustard, but this is the base for many homemade salads & foods. Such as; tuna salad, deviled eggs, tartar sauce to chicken salad. Find your perfect protein and pair it with mayonnaise, you will find that they will become great friends.
Make it simple
Why imitation or fake crab meat? Living in Upstate New York, often we run into a seafood dilemma. Cost versus availability. Not always can we get fresh crab meat, and if we do have it in-store, the cost is something that is just not in my budget.
Imitation crab meat, on the other hand, is not only more affordable, but a serviceable substitute in sushi rolls, salads, and dips. Imitation Crab Salad (krab) is actually made with Surimi, a whitefish that is ground then binded with a starch to resemble a real crab leg.
Pretty interesting stuff right there.
Either way, I find it much easy and lighter on my budget to purchase imitation crab meat. I can always count on it being in-store. Frugal is my name, and savings is definitely my game.
Other Ways To Enjoy
- Core out one large tomato (like a beefsteak), fill with seafood salad and enjoy. The same goes for wrapping this mix inside a piece of iceberg lettuce.
- Make your favorite style of pasta, once cool mix in with seafood salad mix, now you can enjoy Seafood Pasta Salad.
- Serve with your favorite club crackers or fresh veggies.
- Or grab a spoon and eat straight from the bowl
Turn it into a crab seafood dip
How to make into a Crab Salad Dip
It is pretty simple to turn your seafood salad into a dip. It all comes down to size. If you are making it as a dip you will want to chop the crab up into smaller pieces. This way when you are serving you can scoop it up and eat it on your favorite cracker. We really like to serve this as a dip on buttery round type crackers. The combination is so good.
How to Store Crab Salad
The biggest and most important step is not to let it sit out on the counter too long. Since it contains mayonnaise, it could spoil pretty quickly. Make sure you get it placed in the fridge in an airtight container. Can be kept in the refrigerator for up to three days. If of course you have any leftovers.
Fake Crab Seafood Salad Recipe
Crab Salad with celery and mayonnaise is a delicious and inexpensive, delicious way to enjoy the classic Seafood Salad we all grew up with. Give this delicious recipe a try.
- 1 package chunk imitation crab
- ½ bag cooked shrimp (small shrimp or chopped large)
- 1 cup mayo
- 2 tbsp. mustard
- 2 stalks celery (chopped)
- 1 red bell pepper (chopped)
- ½ red onion (chopped)
- 1 tbsp old bay spice
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chipotle Mayo (Optional)
- Chop imitation crab and small shrimp into bite-size pieces. Then add in the diced celery, bell pepper, and red onion into a bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combined mayo, mustard, old bay spice, cayenne pepper, crushed red pepper, salt, and pepper. Mix wet ingredients until combined. Next, add all other ingredients mix until well coated. Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
- When ready to serve to apply the chipotle mayo to the outside of the split-top bun. Toast on both sides. Once the seafood mixture is cool fill the buns so they are heaping and enjoy.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 452Total Fat: 44gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 36gCholesterol: 51mgSodium: 1228mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 6g
If you made this delicious seafood salad, we would love to know how it turned out for you. Did you make it for lunch or dinner? Leave us a comment below.