Show your pride with these patriotic fireworks binoculars, perfect for the 4th of July, Memorial Day, Veteran’s Day, or any time of year. Get ready to enjoy viewing fireworks, parades, and more. Made from toilet paper tubes.
DIY Patriotic Fireworks Binoculars – Made From Toilet Paper Tubes
Sparklers and fireworks are amazing to watch, especially when you’re a kid. The brightly lit colors in the sky are stunning to watch in a musically timed match. Real time little explorers need specially made equipment that can make them feel distinguished from the rest of the crowd.
Give your kiddos an opportunity to make their very own viewers for exploration. They can use them while watching the town parade, cloud discovery, or that fun nighttime light show in the sky. The fun is in the crafting. Let their imaginations create their best viewers.
To make these binoculars, the only real must-haves are empty toilet paper rolls, colored paper, scissors, and glue. Pretty simple. It may take a week or so for you to collect some toilet paper tubes. The wait will be well worth it. My husband actually collects them for random projects. It has now turn into a running joke in our house.
Materials for Patriotic Fireworks Binoculars Craft
These Patriotic Binoculars are easy to make. A collection of supplies is all you need. Please note that you will find a printable instruction card below.
2 empty toilet paper rolls
Red, white, and blue construction paper
Red and blue ribbon
Directions for Making the Patriotic Fireworks Binoculars Craft
- Lets first start out by cutting strips of red, white, and blue construction paper. Each Strip should cover 1/3 of your tube or roughly 1 in wide.
2. Next, wrap your blank toilet paper tubes with your freshly cut construction paper. Alternating them — Red, White, and Blue. Securing the ends of the paper in place with glue.
3. Now it is time to glue the two tubes together in the center. Now they are beginning to take the shape of Patriotic Fireworks Binoculars.
Stars, Stars, and More Stars.
4. Next, get excited about decorating. We want to decorate our binoculars to look very patriotic. It is just fun to allow your kids to get creative with their choice of star stickers or whatever you have on had to make these look extra special and festive. Kids have the best imaginations.
5. Cut lengthy pieces of red and blue ribbon and tie them around the ends of the binoculars. Then using scissors to curl the ribbons. For ours, we choose to use blue and red ribbon. Silver would also be a nice touch.
6. Lastly, attach another long piece of ribbon to the other end of the binoculars to use as a necklace. I would measure around your child’s neck to make sure it stays at chest length. Anything longer could cause a tripping hazard or a “get a caught in the door” episode.
Now it is time to have some fun viewing all kinds of people, places, and things around your home or town.
Have fun observing the clouds, your town parade, or sky show!
Printable Directions for DIY Patriotic Fireworks Binoculars
- 2 empty toilet paper rolls
- Red, white, and blue construction paper
- Star stickers
- Red and blue ribbon
- Cut strips of red, white, and blue construction
paper and wrap them around the empty toilet paper tubes. Secure the ends in
place with glue.
- Glue the two tubes together in the center.
- Decorate the binoculars with star stickers.
- Cut long pieces of red and blue ribbon and tie
them around the ends of the binoculars. Use scissors to curl the ribbons.
- Attach another long piece of ribbon to the other end of the binoculars to use as a necklace.
If you made this craft project, we would love to know. How did your Patriotic Fireworks Binoculars turn out? Leave us a comment below.
Other Kid-Friendly Craft Ideas