I can easily say that cookies pair nicely with buttercream frosting. This is my (SHHHH) secret recipe for one of my favorite frosting. Not so secret anymore. This is my most request dessert frosting that I make. If you didn’t know already one of my side hobbies is baking, but not just baking…….cake decorating too.
Baking is my creative outlet. Plus it curves my huge sweet tooth.
This cookies n cream frosting can be use it on your favorite cake or cupcake recipe. HECK you can even grab a spoon and eat it as is. This is how wonderful this frosting taste. Life is full of hard decisions.
In trying to perfect this recipe I generally stick with only one store brand version; Great Value from Walmart or the original brand of Oreos. I have tried other store brands in hoping to find cheaper version of the original Oreo Cookies, but the only one that compares and can keep up with the flavor we love is Great Value Brand.
You will also want to stay away from the double stuffed versions as they will take away from the cookie taste and more or less mute the taste. Believe me, I have experiment with this recipe (over and over again)
Cookies N Cream Buttercream Frosting!
Pinch me! This Frosting is seriously a dream come true.
Don’t you just want to eat it with a spoon? Try hard to resist!
- 1 Brick Cream Cheese, 8 oz
- 1 Stick Softened Unsalted Butter
- 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 3 3/4 Cups Confectioners Sugar
- 1 - 2 tbsp Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 1/2 Cups Finely Crumbled Chocolate Sandwich Cookes
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, blend the butter and cream cheese until smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Add in salt and vanilla. Add in confectioners sugar, 1/2 cup at a time until smooth alternating with 1 - 2 tbsp of heavy whipping cream for texture.
- Beat in crumbled cookies. Once well blending frost cake or cupcakes (must be cooled before frosting).
Store frosting in refrigerator up to one week or freeze extra and store for 3 months.