These Banana Cupcakes with Salted Caramel Frosting are light, fluffy, super moist with a classic banana flavor. Such a perfect flavor combo! These cupcakes would be perfect for dessert, lunch date treat, family party or for a special occasion.
Banana Cupcakes With Salted Caramel Frosting
This is the ULTIMATE trio: Bananas, Sea Salt & Caramel Frosting. Such a delicious combination. Can you say Banana Cupcakes with Salted Caramel Frosting? Yes, Yes you can.
The key to this recipe is using ripe bananas. The closer the bananas are to “turning brown” the better. As the bananas turn the sweeter then become and the difference will make or break the sweetness of your cupcakes. You don’t want to end up with a bitter-tasting cake from newly picked bananas.
Just picture it, bananas and salted caramel together in one irresistibly delicious! Well, guess what? You can stop dreaming about it and make it yourself.
WARNING!!!! These are so amazingly delicious that you may not have enough willpower to just eat one… If you can I completely applaud you. I certainly could not resist. The cupcakes are one of the moistest cupcakes I’ve made.
Banana Cupcakes Ingredients & Recipe
Please scroll down for a full ingredient list and printable recipe.
Don’t forget to use buttermilk. Don’t substitute. It is the key ingredient to mastering the moistest of these cupcakes.
- 2 Large Bananas, ripe
- 1 1/2 C Flour
- 3 TBSP cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 c Sugar
- 1/2 C unsalted butter ( room temp )
- 1/2 C buttermilk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs ( room temp )
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350' degrees
- Mix in a bowl add whisked flour, cornstarch, baking soda, salt, and mix together
- Using an electric stand mixer with the paddle, cream together sugar, butter and 1 Tbsp of the vegetable oil
- Add the egg and blend in egg whites
- Add in the mashed bananas blend all together
- Working in three separate steps, add the flour mixture 1st, with 1/3 of the flour mixture alternating with half of the buttermilk and mix well continue the steps till all mix is used.
- Fill cupcake liners 3/4 way full
- Place in oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes
- Let cool completely before frosting
Salted Caramel Frosting Ingredients & Recipe
Don’t forget the little slice of banana on top it. As a result, it just completes the whole cupcake “outfit.”
To cut my bananas into evenly sliced pieces I used my favorite banana slicer.
If you’d like even more caramel flavor with these cupcakes, you can drizzle a little caramel sauce over the tops just before serving. Or you can make a small well in the cupcakes and fill it with a little caramel sauce before piping the frosting over the top. You can never have too much caramel right?
And when finally paired with bananas, incredible things happen!
- 4 cups of powdered sugar
- 2 sticks of softened butter
- 2-3 teaspoons of vanilla
- 1-2 tablespoons of milk
- Ghirardelli Caramel for drizzle on top
- Sprinkle Sea salt on top of caramel drizzle
- Add softened sticks of butter to mixing bowl On low-speed beat in powdered sugar.
- Next add vanilla, 1 tbsp of milk.
- Once well incorporated then add in1/4 cup of melted Caramel
- Beat on low speed until powdered sugar, butter, vanilla, and caramel is well mixed. Then move mixer up to medium-high speed. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl often. When completely mixed the frosting may appear dry. Add more milk, a little bit at a time until frosting is the proper is a thick stiffness feel.
These banana caramel cupcakes are a huge hit with my family, and if you’re a banana and caramel lover, then you are going to LOVE these, too!