Looking for the best cable deal to lower your cable bill is something many do when it’s time to cut back on their budget. We have given you some of our best tips below to help save you money on cable and give you extra money in your budget, while not sacrificing your favorite entertainment source! Just because you want to save money watching TV doesn’t mean that you have to give up all your favorite shows
I don’t know about you, but I am always on the hunt for other ways to cut costs.
There are very few monthly bills that are negotiable after your monthly payment has been set in writing.
Cable service is like personal banking.
You find a service you like and stick with it, even if the price goes up. Your cable provider is making BIG bucks and with every increase in price, they are establishing better promotions to gain more customers. AWE, the competition factor.
Best Cable Deal To Lower Your Cable Bill
One little secret the cable company doesn’t want you to know
They do NOT want to lose your business.
It is more of an expense for them to lose you to a juicy promotion from another company. After all, you have been a steady income for most likely years. Now that the cat is out of the bag, what do you do???
Grab your phone and call your cable provider to get the best cable deals available.
Cable companies offer many promotions to NEW customers. Most people think they are a one time deal. That’s not true. Your cable company offers many incentives to keep current customers around. Each cable company has their own set of promotional offers. I found in my own experiences that these promotions are typically good for an entire year for existing customers.
Why don’t they offer these promotions to existing customers? Of course, they don’t want to offer all their promotions to every current customer. They would truly lose money. Some of your neighbors will continue to pay full price and not complain. But not us, we are frugally smart consumers.
What you need to know before you Call
Look at your numbers, be realistic about your numbers. For example: You want to be paying as much as you did last year or reducing your bill by $20 a month.
When you call, the magic is, to be honest, and let them know that you are in search of saving money for your family and that you are researching your options. That will really get them moving.
Let them know that you have been a current customer for XX amount of years.
Don’t just jump on the first offer the customer service rep throws at you. I know it is exciting to hear that you can actually save some dough. But chances are they have an even better promotion out there. Keep your numbers in the back of your head.
You’re not being sneaky, you’re being smart.
Many providers offer less-expensive packages with fewer channels but don’t advertise them widely. These are the best cable deals that you are looking for.
Each cable company has their own set of promotional offers. My family was recently placed in a promotional offer for 12 months, we are saving $30 a month and they also gave us 250 channels of digital cable as well. That is their current promotion at this time. We are now saving an extra $360 a year, plus enjoying digital cable as well. I will take it.
I cannot guarantee that your cable or internet provider will give you any type of discount, but it doesn’t hurt to try. And if at first, you don’t succeed, try, try again. As you make phone calls to negotiate your bill, keep these tips in mind.
Other Tips to Lowering your Cable Bill
- Word of advice, grab your calendar out. Jot down the date of your phone call and when you will need to call again next year. They will not always tell you when your current promotion is over.
- Do NOT talk to the BILLING department. I would recommend asking for the customer solutions department (if they have one or something similar). The billing representative is very limited and only knows of the current promotions that are available to NEW users.
- Don’t know the customer solutions department for your cable/internet provider. Call your billing department and ask.
After you call, Share you discounts with us. We would love to hear how much you saved from a phone call. Finding the best deals on cable just requires a little bit of work on your part, and a few phone calls.
The next thing you know, you’ll be saving tons of money each year!
Thinking of Cutting the Cable Cord
It may be time to just cut the cord all together!
Getting rid of cable all together is the ultimate money saving tip and will absolutely lower your cable bill. If you are ready and on board to stop paying for cable, there are other options for providing you with some amazing shows.
I’m an advocate for cable cutting if you do it for the right reasons. Here are some services that can help.
- Mohu Sky Antenna – This is a digital antenna that provides many channels. Mohu makes some of the best antennas. You can find this antenna on Amazon or on Mohu’s site.
- Netflix – Netflix is the world’s leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies.
- Amazon Prime Instant Video – This is just part of our existing Amazon Prime membership. We use it for the free, two-day shipping, but it gives us a little more content we both like and can’t get on Netflix. Don’t have Amazon Prime? Here’s a 30-day free trial. To be honest, options are not as great, but it is helpful.
- Sling TV – With Sling TV’s streaming services, you get to pick your channel lineup & personalize your TV experience. Start with the level that’s best for you, then customize with extras like sports, comedy, kids, news and more. Try 7 days free or start as low as $20/month!