If you’re just starting your journey using coupons, you might be finding yourself a tad bit confused. There is a lot to using them and it can be very easy to find yourself overwhelmed. I know I was at first! Learning how to read a coupon is the very first step to getting started on your road to using them as a tool to save money.
When it comes to couponing there are some general rules or “commandments” to follow. Playing by the rules is not only fun, but protects the couponers from stricter rules applied by either the manufacturer or store. Most importantly “HAVE FUN”. I love saving my family money. It is what allows me to work less and stay home with my kiddos.
The Ten “Commandments” of Couponing
- Thou Shall Not Used Expired Coupons. Unless your store accepts them!
- Thou Shall Use The Coupon For The Item It Is Intended.
- Thou Shall Not Make Copies, Alter or Knowing Use Any Fraudulent Coupons.
- Thou Shall Find Ways To Get Multiple Coupons. By asking friends, family, co-workers, etc. purchasing extra papers or find creative yet legal ways to find coupons.
- Thou Shall Not Clear the Shelves.
- Thou Shall Purchase and Stock Pile What Thy Household Will Use in a Reasonable Time Frame.
- Thou Shall Question Any FREE Coupon Item For Legitimacy. The old adage, if it seems too good to be true, it probably is.
- Thou Shalt Find An Organizing System For Your Coupons Stash That Works For You. You may miss out on deals if you do not know where your coupons are.
- Thou Shall Be Nice To The Cashier, Even though he or she isn’t aware of THY store’s coupon policy. Then politely ask for the manager.-THY Shall Know your Stores Coupon Policy
- Thou Shall Remember That Couponing Is A Fun Way To Save Money. So, put a Smile on your face, give your coupon to the cashier and put that dollar back in your pocket!!